VenomMC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for VenomMC

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» skylord_conner's app
The history of the Dwarflings I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 6:49 pm by skylordconner

» Kotsko's Application
The history of the Dwarflings I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 10:36 pm by kotsko

» Whitelist Example (Paste this into your app and fill it out.)
The history of the Dwarflings I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 7:47 pm by camaroboy094

» Willvasco Application
The history of the Dwarflings I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 7:59 am by willvasco

» Chishingetsu App
The history of the Dwarflings I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 1:08 pm by chishingetsu

» ThomasA234's Application
The history of the Dwarflings I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 10:43 am by Nocte

» fallout1349's Grey-List Application
The history of the Dwarflings I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 11:33 pm by fallout1349

» Keeperoftheshop's application
The history of the Dwarflings I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 8:20 pm by keeperoftheshop

» Daybrayke Application
The history of the Dwarflings I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 8:14 pm by Daybrayke

Most active topics
Choose your own adventure, New beginning.
Cyoa discussion
Favorite game.
tamastix's Whitelist Application
awesomeiscool's app
Emajen, Littlewef, akaRuski and Trumme's Town
Possible addition of mods
Server Advertising
General_Hasads Whitelist....
Potter457's app
Donations!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Statistics
We have 190 registered users
The newest registered user is skylordconner

Our users have posted a total of 839 messages in 238 subjects
Poll

The history of the Dwarflings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sir_Graham_Bell

Sir_Graham_Bell

The history of the Dwarflings Empty
PostSubject: The history of the Dwarflings   The history of the Dwarflings I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 2:42 pm

The history of the Dwarfling’s
The dwarves are known in the world of their mining skills, further and further down into the mountains they mined in their search for gold. The dwarves build their cities far into their mountains which gave them good protection and made there mines much more effective. One problem the dwarf kings had though was their supply of food. To solve this problem they bought food from elven and human kingdoms and villages. But this didn’t work in the long run, war and raids stopped the trade caravans and the risk that the dwarves didn’t get any food was very big. Another problem was that both the elves and the human sold their food for very expensive prizes.
Soon the problems grown even bigger for the dwarves, when a lot bandits specialized on raiding the dwarven caravans and stole their goods. The dwarven kings sent out soldiers to guard the caravans and their route. At first it seemed to work, but after a few years the bandits had grown strength and attacked the caravans in larger numbers. Many of the dwarven kingdoms couldn’t reinforce the soldiers that guarded the caravans, thanks to problems with goblins that seemed to pop up everywhere in the dwarves mines. The goblin attacks down in the mines didn’t just cost a lot of troops and lives it also made the dwarven mines less productive.
Seven dwarven kingdoms made an agreement that together create a colony above the surface which should grant them food supplies. Then they didn’t need to buy expensive food from the elves and the humans, and they got a permanent base to fight the bandits from.
One year after the agreement 4000 dwarves marched up into the sunlight from their mines, there old homes, most of the dwarves where convicted criminals or soldiers that were forced to for fill their quest. They had also company of some of the greatest dwarven engineers and builders. The whole group of dwarves was led by a dwarven general called Karl Silversvard. Much later this group of dwarves should be known as Dwarfling’s.
Today you barley can see that this people are dwarves. During the years thousands of years above the surface they have got children with humans, which have given them their special look. And thanks to that Dwarfling’s is 1/2 human. They still got the same height and there same taste for food and beer as dwarves. But their bodies and faces looks more like humans and most of them don’t even have a beard, which usually is a dwarf’s biggest pride. Even if there are some differences between them it is important to know Dwarfling’s belong to the dwarven race. The name Dwarfling means small dwarf.
The Dwarfling’s are also less aggressive than other dwarves. Instead of big an army they got some small groups of town guards that can defend their settlements. The Dwarfing’s settlements are known for their good defences like traps, walls and towers. The Dwarfling’s isn’t as good warriors as other dwarves, but you should never underestimate a Dwarfling, because they can get quite handy with a short sword after some training. Short swords are used by the Dwarflings a lot more than axes and normal swords due to their low weight.
The Dwarffling’s is not common to see when you explore the world of Stalgath, but you will probably see buildings made by them. Dwarfling’s are used in many kingdoms as engineers and architects. They are also quite common in professions like farmers and hunters.
Even though their differences to other dwarves they have a good relationship to them. The Halflings celebrate the same traditions as dwarves, but have a few of their own too as for example midsummer. Even if Halflings have towns and villages above the ground, many of them live in houses inside hills.
The Dwarfling's celebrate the same traditions as other dwarves, but have a few of their own too as for example midsummer. Even if Dwarflings have towns and villages above the ground, many of them live in houses inside hills.
Back to top Go down

The history of the Dwarflings
Page 1 of 1