VenomMC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for VenomMC

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» skylord_conner's app
Possible addition of mods I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 6:49 pm by skylordconner

» Kotsko's Application
Possible addition of mods I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 10:36 pm by kotsko

» Whitelist Example (Paste this into your app and fill it out.)
Possible addition of mods I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 7:47 pm by camaroboy094

» Willvasco Application
Possible addition of mods I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 7:59 am by willvasco

» Chishingetsu App
Possible addition of mods I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 1:08 pm by chishingetsu

» ThomasA234's Application
Possible addition of mods I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 10:43 am by Nocte

» fallout1349's Grey-List Application
Possible addition of mods I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 11:33 pm by fallout1349

» Keeperoftheshop's application
Possible addition of mods I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 8:20 pm by keeperoftheshop

» Daybrayke Application
Possible addition of mods I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 8:14 pm by Daybrayke

Most active topics
Choose your own adventure, New beginning.
Cyoa discussion
Favorite game.
tamastix's Whitelist Application
awesomeiscool's app
Emajen, Littlewef, akaRuski and Trumme's Town
Possible addition of mods
Server Advertising
General_Hasads Whitelist....
Potter457's app
Donations!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Statistics
We have 190 registered users
The newest registered user is skylordconner

Our users have posted a total of 839 messages in 238 subjects
Poll

Go down 
5 posters

Should we add mods? Suggestions welcome!
Yes
Possible addition of mods I_vote_lcap20%Possible addition of mods I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
No
Possible addition of mods I_vote_lcap50%Possible addition of mods I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
Depends on the Mods, specify below.
Possible addition of mods I_vote_lcap30%Possible addition of mods I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name: Rhageth Stellhorn
Town:

Possible addition of mods Empty
PostSubject: Possible addition of mods   Possible addition of mods I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:09 pm

So, we might be adding mods. We haven't even tested this yet so it may not even work. But under the assumption that we can get these working with minimal lag we are considering adding mo' creatures, balkons weapon mod, and maybe some other mods that you suggest.
Back to top Go down
wezzyFTW

PostSubject: Re: Possible addition of mods   Possible addition of mods I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:13 pm

if the mod makes the RP better or makes our server special then yes, like magic or something and the fact that people are willing to go through the trouble of installing a mod for our server probably means they are serious
Back to top Go down
grosen123

grosen123

PostSubject: well   Possible addition of mods I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 10:03 am

Aww well mods can be a good idea but when i think about it many mods can easely ruin the server and many things would have to be redone. I suggest that we keep the mods very simple. So i don't really like the idea of mods because i think it would ruin alot of things.
But i think it's fine to try some out a bit and test them.
Back to top Go down
Confessor_Tom

Confessor_Tom

Character sheet
Character Name: People call him "Varg"
Town: He walks until he feels tired

PostSubject: Re: Possible addition of mods   Possible addition of mods I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:39 pm

I sit on the fence here, both understanding the eagerness of them being added but also the hesitation of Grosen.

I think the mods should be limited to both restrict the strain on the server and player's pcs but to also allow real rp to flow and not just turn this server into a mod fun zone to frolic around like fairies in.

After looking at both the MO creatures and the weapons mod in question in more depth I almost instantly jizz to put it bluntly, in regards to just these mods... yes I think they should be at least given a fair trail run to test the waters and see how they flow.

The major concerns are however;
1. RP relevance
2. strain on either the server and or player' PCs
3. amount of mods on the server to prevent a mod feast within the server.

Not knowing much about the technical side of the mods I can say that on a rp and lore related side I would wish for animals, mobs and weapons to be added to allow more depth and even more lore to be built around these factors as well as them allowing players to have a greater time in both choosing a rp path in Stalgath and to mix up the style in which they play on this server.

In summary, mods good. in testing and in passing keep to strict moderation and rp relevance.

Bit long but there you go! lol. Smile
Back to top Go down
Night

Character sheet
Character Name: Tharice Frost
Town: Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Possible addition of mods   Possible addition of mods I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:58 pm

Mo' Creatures will not cause much of a strain on the server as long as you keep the spawn rates a minimum and another mod to set the animals biome spawn. If a player is receiving some strain, then he should get Optifine.

If 2 players had those weapons in Balkons Weapons Mod, they should text fight, the mods seem a bit stronger then regular weapons and not much of a cost. Also, there should be a restrain on what weapons can be made by who since it wouldn't be realistic for a hobo to have the ability to make a cannon or a person with a character that has the IQ of 1 to make a crossbow.

(Also, is the server Text fight? I still don't know if it's just regular pvp or a text fight)
(If the server does go modded minecraft, then someone should make a launcher)

Also, this mod
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1542377-147-mine-blade-commander-alpha-7/page__st__860
Back to top Go down
Confessor_Tom

Confessor_Tom

Character sheet
Character Name: People call him "Varg"
Town: He walks until he feels tired

PostSubject: Re: Possible addition of mods   Possible addition of mods I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 7:18 am

I believe Night has made a excellent point, I lacked the knowledge of the techy side of things but it seems he's onto the right way of doing it.

These mods are going to be new, fun and different so I want to get a part of that for both animals and weapons.

But there is no point in putting these mods on if you limit how many are on as it'll be not much of a difference.
Back to top Go down
grosen123

grosen123

PostSubject: Re: Possible addition of mods   Possible addition of mods I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 10:39 am

I agree with night about the weapons they seem overpowered. The mo creatures would be cool with limit because the only thing i would see fit is the horses. Maybe some of the mobs that doesn't change much. But i must admit that horses would be great.
But in the mod there's also horses with wings and i think those special horses wouldn't really fit into the game.
Back to top Go down
Night

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Possible addition of mods   Possible addition of mods I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 1:53 pm

There's a mod I remember seeing once on another server that lets you select which mobs will spawn in which ever biome. You can disable the pegasus anytime you would like through the mod.
Back to top Go down
grosen123

grosen123

PostSubject: Re: Possible addition of mods   Possible addition of mods I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 5:13 am

I had mo creatures installed once and it had a option on all the mobs to make them rare or non existent. So in the mod itself you can disable the mobs
Back to top Go down
Night

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Possible addition of mods   Possible addition of mods I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Mo' Creatures is limited, it would be weird for a deer to spawn in a desert or a sting ray to spawn in a small forest lake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible addition of mods   Possible addition of mods I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1